PlaceIQ is a rapidly growing, venture funded “Big Data” business with a tremendous opportunity to become the market leader in the exploding location intelligence marketplace. Starting with an extensive library of unstructured/unrelated geospatial, temporal and social data, PlaceIQ transforms information into time and location context. Revolutionary techniques in data mining and machine learning at scale are being developed on a daily basis to uncover the reality of the world like no other company can.
The Product Manager for ‘Mobile Ads’ is a high profile role at PlaceIQ. The Product Manager is responsible for the definition and go-to-market plan for PlaceIQ's cutting-edge Mobile Ads products. This person will lead the definition and design, arbitrate timing and scope of features with engineering and ultimately deliver a product roadmap that supports company revenue goals. The Product Manager will be an evangelist capable of working with Sales (both direct and partner) to develop product that supports an efficient sales approach. Additionally, the product manager should be keen to identify new opportunities and product directions that emerge from market changes or data science innovations and be able to spearhead the initial outline of such efforts.
The Product Manager will work closely with marketing, sales, development and data science. The ability to clearly converse with cross-functional teams during product roadmap development is crucial. The Product Manager must be able to listen, evaluate, communicate, and lead in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities:• Own and manage the product life cycle for ‘Mobile Ads’ product line from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Identify customer demand by constantly listening to their needs and thinking out of the box to develop new products or enhance existing products
• Be an internal expert for competitive landscape, keep abreast of fast changing marketplace and inform the teams regularly in a consumable fashion
• Create business case, prioritize and maintain product backlog on ongoing basis
• Define detailed product requirements and document use-cases crisply
• Define and establish key performance metrics that determine success of product line
• Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities and lead cross-functional teams (engineering, sales, strategy, data science, marketing) to drive product development
• Manage, track and communicate projects and programs for Mobile Ads.
• Work closely with VP of Product and Business Development team to identify new opportunities and drive closure of deals and partnerships
• Lead the development of sales collateral and programs to drive for scalable product sales
• Past experience in Ad-tech specifically integrating with Ad Servers, Demand Side Platform (DSP) and Mobile Ad Networks
• Strong leadership and problem solving skills, especially when working across multiple disciplines
• Exceptional analytical, communication and organizational skills required
• Detail-oriented without losing sight of big picture is required
• Experience with agile software development and lean startup environment preferred
• Experience working with a start up or fast-paced environment preferred
Experience:• At least 3-5 years of product management experience, or an MBA from a top business school preferred
• Experience with Ad-tech strongly preferred
• Experience with mobile or location products
• Background in science, math, engineering or statistics is a plus
This position is located in New York, NY. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.
Salary/Equity compensation commensurate with experience.